El Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) y el Centre International de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées (CIMPA) han abierto una convocatoria a postulaciones a las becas CIMPA-ICTP Fellowships 2022 «Research in Pairs».
El programa CIMPA-ICTP Fellowships 2022 «Research in Pairs» hace posible que investigadores/as en matemáticas basados en un país en vías de desarrollo vayan a Europa para colaborar con un/a colega durante un periodo de al menos 6 semanas. Durante este periodo, se espera que estas dos personas trabajen juntas en un proyecto de investigación bien fundamentado, principalmente en el instituto de la/del colega europea/o.
El monto máximo de la ayuda es de 10.000 euros.
Las postulaciones para realizar una visita de investigación a Europa entre marzo y finales de diciembre de 2022 están abiertas hasta el 31 de diciembre de 2021.
La convocatoria en inglés:
ICTP and the International Centre for Pure and Applied Mathematics (CIMPA) have opened a call for applications for the CIMPA-ICTP Fellowships 2022 «Research in Pairs».
The fellowships programme makes it possible for researchers in mathematics based in a developing country to come to Europe to collaborate with a colleague for a period of at least 6 weeks. During this period, it is expected that the researchers will work together on a well-substantiated research project, mainly at the institute of the European colleague.
The maximum amount of support is 10,000 euros. Alone or with other supports, this should cover all the costs (transportation, accommodation, insurance, PCR test, quarantine, etc.) of the laureate during the entire visit. The amount is determined based on the length, location and activities and travel costs of the laureate. It can only cover her or his personal costs.
Applications for a visit between March and the end of December 2022 are open until 31 December 2021 and must be submitted through this online form. A PDF version of this form is available, containing the fields to be filled out as well as additional details on the terms and conditions.
The specific details of this call are:
- The candidate is a researcher holding a PhD in mathematics who is based in a developing country at the time of the application and which passport indicates a nationality from a developing country. By definition a developing country must be a country both in the IMU list and in the UNESCO list (click on developing regions). If you are based in a country which is only in one of the two lists, please email us before applying;
- The European colleague is a researcher holding a PhD in mathematics who will be based, throughout the candidate’s entire stay, in one of the following countries: Germany, Spain, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland;
- During the stay, the laureate must include a visit to CIMPA on the campus of Université Côte d’Azur or to ICTP in Trieste in order to record/broadcast a mini-course (approximately 8 hours, in French or English) on mathematics at master/beginning of PhD level. Note that this is an important part of the application as the lectures will become an exemplary course for all students who want to learn about this topic. It needs therefore to be prepared with great care;
- The laureate and his/her colleague may propose to carry out part of their collaboration (one to two weeks) in one of the partner centres: CRM, CIRM, ICTP or MFO. In this case, the cost of the colleague’s stay (but not the travel) will be covered by CIMPA, ICTP or the partner centre in addition to the financial support already offered.
- In addition to his or her collaborative research project, the laureate may schedule visits to other laboratories or centres (not limited to the above countries but within Europe) to meet with other colleagues or attend courses or conferences. This «non-collaboration» time will represent no more than 1/4 of the total time of the visit.
Once the submission is completed by the candidate, an email will be sent to the host colleague asking her/him to provide further details and upload a supporting letter for this application. Note that the letter is of crucial importance to evaluate the commitment of the host and the success of the application.
ICTP – Call for Applicants / CIMPA-ICTP Fellowships
CIMPA – Call for CIMPA-ICTP Fellowships 2022 «Research in Pairs»